Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's on your MP3 player?

How about that for an icebreaker question at your next networking event or "meet-and-greet" event? Hoping that I'm not breaking any copyright rules by somewhat taking a page out of CapitalOne's ad campaign...I thought it was an interesting question.

I also thought I'd take the safe route and not alienate a whole group of people who don't specifically use an iPod. Me, personally, I don't have an iPod, I use my LG Chocolate 3 from Verizon Wireless.

There are dozens of Facebook groups that ask the same question. I vaguely remember someone even sending me a Facebook message once about the "soundtrack of your life." Basically, you take the music on your iPod, and press "shuffle." Apparently it says alot about who you are as a person.

MP3 players of all persuasions are fun tools. You literally have a commercial-free radio station, with a format that is out of style in today's radio market: all-over-the-road, or AOR. Personally, I have everything from classical to hard rock. Top 40 to the obscure. The Berlin Philharmonic to Metallica.

I haven't figured out what the music on my MP3 player says about me. though. I have one CD that I imported through my PC to my phone that has 44 tracks on it; so pressing "shuffle" gives me alot of tracks from that one CD all at once.

Try playing the "soundtrack of your life" sometime. It can be interesting, and fun. Of course, every time you press "shuffle," you'll end up with something different. And, the next time you're at a networking event, try asking the question; you might be surprised what you find out.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have 1...
    my playlist is up on playlist.com/elisa
    if you want to see what I like, though!

    ReplyDelete