Sunday, April 5, 2009

Same URL, different name

Well, I think I've come up with something that is unique, and exemplifies the manner in which I hope to write.

I've always liked the word "treatise." Go ahead, check it out in the MS Word thesaurus, you know you want to. It's an older word that has been replaced of late as a written discourse, thesis or dissertation. The first time I heard it was on an episode of Cheers, the eminent psychiatrist Frasier Crane was discussing a paper that he wrote during his days at Oxford University, and described it using the word "treatise." I thought it sounded different and unique.

I even had to check the word in the dictionary, just to make sure the Charles brothers (Glen and Les, writers of Cheers) weren't just yanking our chains when they put that word in that particular episode's script.

The URL for my blog will stay the same. I didn't want to set up another blog, just so I could get the cool URL. So, I remain at http://lukesdiscussions.blogspot.com.

I hope the new name doesn't confuse anyone. Hopefully my faithful followers will like the change.
I thought I could either do "The Treatise," or if I really wanted to have some fun, "L'auteur heureux." French for,"The Happy Writer," roughly translated of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment