Sunday, May 23, 2010

Section S




Click the title "Section S" for pictures from the game.

The Pioneer Press the other day wrote a huge article about a specific seat in Section S at Target Field. They claim that, because of the Legends Club wall right next to it, home plate was out of view.

So, when I went to the Brewers game on Sunday, I decided to find out for myself. The picture above was taken from that spot. I can see home plate just fine. I'm not entirely sure what all the fuss was about.

I also realize that I've probably done the Target Field review thing to death. So this will likely be the last post on that, then I have some ideas that will get back to the original intent of the blog: sports and PR.

Sections S-V at Target Field are primarily for group sales. They have nice sightlines and a great view of the Minneapolis skyline. Do be careful in the lower numbered seats in each row, as the railing that separates the Legends Club from the Skyline Deck can create an obstacle. Seats higher than 4 or 5 should have no problem.

This level of Target Field seems to be much less congested. Of course, it doesn't seat as many people on this level either, as opposed to the main concourse. It has a much different look than the main concourse, and the entrance to the Legends Club is clearly marked, and also guarded.

I have also learned a lesson or two about exiting the ballpark. It's taken me three tries, but I think I've got it. It's probably your best option to try to get back to the main entrance (Gate 34) out in right field. We exited out Gate 6 yesterday, in left field, and got caught in the throngs of people waiting to board the light rail (which I did not take to the game). It probably took about an extra ten minutes to get to Gate 34.

Of course, and this is a hindsight revelation, if you do exit Gate 6 but didn't take the light rail, or have no reason to get back to the Plaza, you can also turn to your right and walk down 5th Street. But walking along that promenade will be lots of "excuse me's" to get to your ultimate destination.

As for concessions, I can give a hearty thumbs up to the cheeseburger basket. A very nicely grilled burger and very tasty fries, for about 9 bucks.

Thanks for reading. I hope I've given enough information about Target Field for you to consider when going to the ballpark. If anyone does have further questions about Target Field that maybe I didn't cover or you'd like clarification on, please feel free to post a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment